Wednesday 29 September 2010

Font Research

Today I will looking at fonts. I have been on the website http://www.dafont.com/ and collected five style of font that mightbe sutable for a metal magazine which is my genre.  The STARCRAFT font is blocky and serrif although they are hard to tell due to the letters nearly being joined. In Dafont the font was under space theme which would work with a theme of space in my cover which many metal bands have done with there albums recently. The BLACK FAMILY font is more gothic and is a decorative font with serrifs. I chose this font because many metal bands from research use gothic writing on their work because that is the target market they are attracting however i am not attracting the gothic market. The METAL CRUSHER font is very simalar to "Metal Hammers" mast head font which is good because I am trying to attract a simalar target market to "Metal Hammer" The font looks violent and painfull with spikes as serrifs and the points for letters. The MODERNA font is a script font which is sans serrif. While it might not look like metal it looks simple and is easy to read which may make a good normal font to use as text. The PIRATES, font may be of some use to me if I choose the genre of Pirate metal which is starting to take off in the world of metal. I like how it reflects the theme and and looks rather metal aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment